||Ships 1-2 days
Praxis 2X road chainrings are the result of relentless testing and tweaking, matched with the best material and manufacturing processes to create some of the smoothest running, most durable and sweetest shifting chainrings available. All other aftermarket rings are machined. For superior longevity and performance, we cold forge ours from 7075 T6 aluminum and hard anodize it for even more durability. They also feature our famous LevaTime Shifting Technology, which boasts synchronized ramps and strategically placed shift pins for perfectly timed shifts every time. Two options : “BUZZ” for lightest offering “AERO/SOLID” for the Aero/TT look.
- 110BCD – 48/32, 50/34, 52/36 | 130BCD – 53/39
- For both 5-arm AND 4-arm w/hidden 5th (like SRAM Exogram)
- Two options : “Buzz” road look, or “Aero” for TT look.
- Weight Reference : Buzz 52/36 158g set | Aero 52/36 182g set
- Includes a long & short replaceable threaded catch pins
- Cold Forged | Hard Anodized 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Works with 10/11sp drivetrains | Highly suggest KMC, Shimano™ or Campy chains
- Great for use with Di2, EPS, or eTap shifting systems
- 48/32 110BCD VIP NOTE: This is a custom ring set that can only be installed on our new Praxis Works branded 110BCD road cranks. This specific set includes custom ring bolts required for installation. This set will not install on prior generation “TURN” road cranks or other brand cranks. Also, it will not install on spider based power meters such as Power2Max or SRM.
- SHIMANO – Praxis rings shift great with both Di2 and mechanical Shimano 10/11sp drivetrains. Highly suggest Shimano, KMC, or Campy chain
- SRAM – Praxis rings shift great with the e-Tap and mechanical SRAM 10/11sp drivetrains. Highly suggest Shimano, KMC, or Campy chain. Our rings work with the SRAM “YAW” front derailleurs
- CAMPY – Praxis rings shift great with the EPS and mechanical Campy 10/11sp drivetrains. Highly suggest Shimano, KMC, or Campy chain. These rings are not compatible with Campy 5-arm cranks as they have proprietary bolt pattern that is not 110BCD or 130BCD
- POWER METER – Compatible with spider-based power meters such as Power2Max, SRM and Quarq
Our LevaTime™ shifting is the product of years of relentless testing and tweaking. The final result is a set of some of the finest and fastest-shifting rings available. With a LevaTime™ ring, several shift elevators are placed strategically at points on the ring to provide a perfectly timed lift.
Synchronized ramps are tuned with a specific inner ring, providing a clean channel for the chain to move upwards. Each individual tooth is sculpted to handle a specific duty. Along with that, precisely located scallops help control chain movement and prevent chain suck.
After riding these rings, you’ll realize these aren’t your average, ordinary chainrings.
TIMING IS EVERYTHING: MATCHED SETS
Like all great marriages in life, timing is everything. A large part of our LevaTime™ shifting system is the timing and clocking of the outer and inner rings together. All of the Praxis ring combinations are “Matched Sets” precisely designed in concert for an optimized shifting experience. Praxis engineers spend an obscene amount of time laboring over tooth shape, ramping, and the precise location of shift elevators. All of this is done in order for the inner and outer ring to be in perfect sync at the moment you shift.
LevaTime™ takes shifting to the next level.
NO TWO TEETH ARE ALIKE
One thing many people notice right away is the complex shaping of the teeth on a Praxis chainring. With all the duties required of a chainring for smooth shifting, we needed to sculpt very elaborate teeth profiles to better control the chain during upshifts and downshifts. By forging a chainring where no two teeth are alike, we create a ring-set that allows the chain to smoothly move laterally and vertically.
BALANCED FOR SHIFT QUALITY
The highest overall shift quality is our primary goal and what we constantly strive for. In order to get there, we focus on a balance of five main attributes: Stiffness, Weight, Durability, Shift Features, and Price. Many other companies tend to focus on just one or two of these attributes, and then the shifting quality suffers. Praxis Cold Forged chainrings are simply the most balanced rings available in order to deliver the highest shift quality.
Our road rings are now made to mount to a traditional 5-arm 110 or 130BCD and now also 4-arm with hidden 5th bolt Exogramcranks. Our MTB rings are made to mount to a 4-arm 104/64 MTB crank. In fact, we’d like to think that our rings do a great job complementing many of the most common cranks in the market. We also know you mix and match drivetrain components, and that can affect shift performance. NOTE: For the absolute best shifting experience with Praxis Works rings we highly suggest using a KMC™, Shimano™ or Campagnolo™ chain.
SHIMANO™ — Buzz rings work great with the new Shimano 10/11sp chain and drivetrains (Di2 included.) These new Buzz rings are made to be mounted on either traditional 5-arm cranks, and now work with 4-arm w/hidden 5th cranks (SRAM Exogram.) *Our rings do not mount to the new Ultra 6800/DA9000 cranks with their new custom asymmetrical BCD. They also work great with traditional 5-arm mount aftermarket cranks such as THM, Rotor, Cannondale, Specialized, LOOK and FSA cranks.
SRAM™ — Buzz rings work great with the SRAM 10sp and “SRAM 22″ 11sp chain drivetrains when mounted to both traditional 5-arm SRAM cranks, and now work with 4-arm w/hidden 5th SRAM Exogram cranks. They also work great with traditional 5-arm mount aftermarket cranks such as THM, Rotor, Cannondale, Specialized, LOOK and FSA cranks.
- eTap – Yes, our rings work great with eTap.
- YAW FRONT DERAILEUR – Yes, our rings work great with SRAM “Yaw” front derailleur.
CAMPY™ — Our rings work great with Campy 10/11sp chain and drivetrains (EPS included.) The new Buzz rings are made to be mounted on either traditional 5-arm cranks, and now work with 4-arm w/hidden 5th cranks (SRAM Exogram.) *Our rings do not mount on Campy cranks with their proprietary Campy BCD/Design. Example…you would use a 3rd party crank like a Specialized, THM, Rotor, FSA, SRAM etc crank with our rings and then the chain and derailleurs are Campy.
Praxis warrants components to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 2 years after original purchase to the original owner. However, there are limitations such as normal wear and tear…as “nothing lasts forever” so please read our Warranty page for details.
USA : Located in the United States?
Please contact the retailer where you have bought your Praxis product. With the bill of purchase, the store will be responsible for opening the warranty inquiry and contacting Praxis Works.
If you purchased from Praxis USA website, please contact our USA customer service team via phone or email PRIOR to sending any defective items. Praxis will issue an RA# for all warranties. Shipping defective items is the responsibility of the claim holder and is not reimbursed by Praxis Works. An RA# must be issued by Praxis Works.
INTERNATIONAL : Based outside the United States?
Please contact the retailer where you have bought your Praxis product. With the bill of purchase, the store will be responsible for opening the warranty inquiry and contacting their Praxis distributor. Please note: every country follows different regulations on warranty so please inform yourself about the regulations in your country.